The J P French Associates website collects anonymous information about your visit to this site. This is done using Google Analytics. It records information about which pages you have visited within the site, how you arrived at the site and some basic information about your computer. We use this information to better understand how our website is used by visitors and to help us improve it. It is possible to opt out of providing this information. More information is available about the security and privacy principles applied to this data by Google.
Data controller and processor
J P French Associates acts as both a Data Controller and a Data Processor, as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation. Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also complain to the ICO (see https://ico.org.uk/) if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. The ICO’s address:Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
What type of information we have
J P French Associates collects personal data in the course of forensic analysis examinations. We also process personal data that is collated in the course of our administrative functions, for example staff administration, procurement, property management, advertising and media. The personal data we collect and use will include personal data and special category personal data. J P French Associates will use the minimum amount of personal information necessary to carry out a particular activity.
How we get the information and why we have it
We process information relating to a wide variety of individuals. Some of this information is provided directly by the individuals to whom it refers, but, for casework subjects this is provided by instructing parties (e.g. police forces, the National Crime Agency, HMRC, the Crown Prosecution Service and independent lawyers and law firms). Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time.
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legal obligation.
- We need it to perform a public task.
- We have a legitimate interest.
Information may be held in various forms, including electronically in emails, in analysis and processing records, in reports written for instructing parties, in databases, in audio and/or video recordings, and in paper-based records.
Disclosure of your personal information
Personal information is not disclosed to third parties unless the information is required for legal or statutory reasons. In other circumstances consent will be sought for any disclosure of personal data to a third party.
How we store your information
Your information is securely stored at J P French Associates. Information on our data retention and destruction policies is available on request.
Access to your personal information
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights.
If your personal data has been provided to us legitimately by a third party, for example the police, National Crime Agency or a lawyer, for processing as part of a lawful forensic examination, some or all of these rights might not apply.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Requests should be sent by email to email@example.com.
Changes to this statement
This privacy statement was last updated on 24th June 2020.
 Your consent, and your right to remove it, may not apply in cases where your personal data has been provided to us legitimately by a third party, for example the police, National Crime Agency or a lawyer, for processing as part of a lawful forensic examination.
J P French Associates is the trading name of J P French Ltd
Registered in England and Wales, registration number: 5095541
Registered office: 86 The Mount, York, YO24 1AR
VAT number: GB501 0311 34