J P French Associates have delivered tailor-made courses, practical in-house training and seminars across the UK and aborad to a wide range of clients. Staff at J P French Associates also play a central role in delivering the masters course in forensic speech science at the University of York.
We have given instruction in:
- Transcription of evidential recordings
- Speaker comparison methods and techniques
- Expression of conclusions in forensic expert reports and relevant legislation
- Authentication and enhancement, particularly using ENF
If you have any queries or would like to discuss training informally, please contact us.
CPD courses in forensic speech and audio
In conjunction with staff from J P French Associates, the Department of Language and Linguistic Science at the University of York are offering a new programme of continuing professional development (CPD) courses in forensic speech and audio analysis. The courses are designed for personnel from a range of professional backgrounds, including:
- police, government security and other investigative agency technical and scientific staff
- established forensic speech and audio scientists
- scientists currently working in related forensic specialisms
For further information, see this document: CPD course on forensic speech and audio.
If you have any questions, please contact James Tompkinson.
Work experience for students
Students looking for in-house training or shadowing opportunities should refer to the MSc in Forensic Speech Science at the University of York, where J P French Associates staff give lectures and supervise research.